Technology is increasingly within reach. It was difficult to blur faces in photos. The procedure required Photoshop skills. Thanks to tools, it is possible to blur faces without much effort.
There are many applications and tools that allow you to blur face of a person in your photo. If this technology was not at hand, today it is becoming more and more democratized. From the phone, via laptop or desktop computer, here are simple techniques to blur a person’s face.
Why blur a person’s face in a photo?
Hiding the face of a person who accidentally ends up in your photo is part of that person’s privacy. Because, putting the photo of a person in the public space without his consent can generate legal consequences. It is therefore the first cause that encourages blurring the face of a person in your photo. Moreover, according to the Geneva Convention, all persons who publish photos via social networks on the war in Ukraine must be careful to blur the landscape of this conflict at the risk of legal sanctions followed by heavy fines. In the same vein, the site of French public serviceany publication of a person’s face without their consent is punishable by one year’s imprisonment and 15000 euro fine.
Focus on the tools to blur a person’s face?
There are several tools and applications that allow you to blur the face of a person accidentally present in a photo and even in a video. Here is a list of apps and tools below:
- Can go
- Social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter, What’s App, etc.)
- Photo Blur
- Mosaic Pixelate Censor Photo
- Video Toolbox Movie Maker
- Blur Face
- Photo Director
- Auto blur background
Point Blur, Inshot are two tools we tested. They are intuitive and can blur the background of a photo. thus creating a smooth bokeh effect. However, to obtain such a quality of photo, you need an ultra-sophisticated camera.
What other tools are there to blur the face in a photo?
There are also other tools included in the phone that can blur a person’s face while taking a photo. This is the case with iPhone, Samsung and Android phones. How ?
- Open the photo app on your iPhone phone
- Take a picture then at the bottom of the screen you will see, “Blur”.
- You press this button and you will see the whole background will be blurred.
- Select photo or take photo
- Tap the “Adjust background blurry” button
- Next, drag the bar that aims to blur the background
- Finally, save the photo
- You must have the PicsArt editor or install it if you don’t
- Then click on the small icon (+) to add the photo you want to edit
- Go to the list of “Effects” options
- To do this, select the Blur option
- Finally, save the photo.
When you’re done, don’t forget to save the photo. Otherwise, you will be forced to redo the entire modification.
You may also be interested :
⋙ How to transfer photos from phone to computer?
⋙ How to make an online photo album?
⋙ How to take a good photo?
⋙ Photographing the stars, a feat within reach
⋙ Do photos harm vacation memories?
⋙ Tips for taking pictures underwater
⋙ Vivian Maier, daily photographer